03 January 2008

Out of Station

To use the Indian phrase, I will be "out of station" for the next two weeks. For those of you who have not been privy to my excitement frenzy, I leave for Thailand on Sunday! Fourteen days of delicious food, white sand, gin & tonics, and these clowns:




I find myself wondering if I will experience culture-shock in Bangkok and at the tourist beaches. Even being in kitschy Kerala sent my head spinning, as I was no longer in the minority and could find things like french-press coffee and porridge without effort. I imagine I'll be a bit overwhelmed for the first few days. I can't wait!

I imagine there will be very few posts over the next weeks. I'll be too busy jive-talking and laughing like a crazy woman. Bring. It. On.



(no apologies for the number of exclamation marks in this entry).

2 comments:

Vanessa Marie said...

So excited for you! Have the best time and say hello to Jeff for me from that "solar chick who was getting a strawberry rubbed on her nipple".

Unknown said...

Just got back from Chicago, and I didn't know the world could be that cold! I hope Thailand is amazing!