04 July 2007

All in the family

So I love my brother. Today I picked him up from the airport and we spent two and a half hours listening to all sorts of music (Infected Mushroom to Feist, Rod Stewart to Phil Collins, Lynard Skynard to Postal Service), laughing about our parents, and genuinely having a great time. At one point, I turned to him and smiled, saying "I'm so glad that we get along so well." And I am!

Dave decided that as we drove into the marina, we should have a grand entrance in honor of my Dad's 52nd birthday. So we rolled down all of the windows and blasted "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple as we parked in the middle of the marina grounds. My parents came out, my mom bawled her eyes out as she laughed, and we showered my dad with balloons and hugs. Best birthday present ever: having my entire family in one house.

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

Ness said...

oooo one of my photos! hope you guys are having a great time together!