12 September 2007

Why I love Miriam Douthit...

I wrote Miriam and told her that I was planning to take two weeks in May or June to go on a yoga retreat. This would involve waking at 5:30 every morning, two-three yoga classes per day, two pure veg meals per day, a couple of hours of daily service to help with the upkeep of the ashram, and back in bed by 10:30pm. It only costs 600 rupees for the whole two weeks (about $15US).

This was the Mirmo's response:

"...Oh and I think your vacation to the yoga thing sounds like smoking crack. Abel-you know I love you! And I love that you are eccentric...I hope one day many many years from now I will know you still and we will meet up and you will have a fresh hena application and way too much stone jewelry and a pamphlet about how to clean toilets for tibetan monks on your next vacation....and I will hug you and remind you then that I love you so and hand you a toilet scrubber. Yoga your ass off sister....do it up. Whatever floats the boat. Personally I would rather go to Vegas and get massages all day and a nice tan."


Oh Miriam, I love you.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

She knows you very well... I can't think of a better imaginary future Jenn.