18 October 2007

Mooji (the dog formerly known as Bhooji)

Just had a lovely “Lassie” moment with the office dog, Mooji.

Riding my bike back to work after a lunch-break filled with errands, I encountered Mooji on the main road, sniffing away at a trash pile. I called to him, and he ran along side me as I cycled to the office. He barked, I laughed, and I could almost hear the orchestral soundtrack playing in the background. As we turned the last corner, Mooji suddenly caught sight of two large cows blocking the Tara gate. He dashed ahead, barking and jumping about wildly. The cows merely snorted and chewed their cud. As I pulled into the office, I congratulated Mooji on a guard-dog job well done. He wagged his curly tail a few times before lying down to nibble at his flea bites. I think this makes us friends.

No comments: